On Wednesday, August 24, 2022, the Town of Millbury’s Department of Public Works / Highway Department’s subcontractor, J.H. Lynch & Sons, Inc., began raising structures throughout our neighborhood of Rice Road, Thomas Hill Road, Aldrich Avenue, and Captain Peter Simpson Road.
The Millbury Department of Public Works / Highway Department are still waiting for the utility companies to relocate the utility pole and fire hydrant at the intersections of Rice Road and South Main Street to begin the reconfiguration into a more standard T intersection and eliminate the out only part of Rice Road as it blended into South Main Street.
There has been a lot of positive feedback about the work being performed and the gratitude from our neighborhood.
What Everyone Should Consider
- Everyone should avoid parking on or close to the road until all the work has been completed, as not to impede the subcontractor’s work and to avoid potential damage to vehicles.
- Drive with extreme care, caution, and reduced speed.
- The road surface may have oil type products that rise to the surface, so the roads may be slippery for a while especially during rainy weather conditions.
- Please keep pets from roaming or interacting with the work crews.
- Please keep curious children supervised if near the road.
Everyone’s cooperation would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Town of Millbury’s Department of Public Works / Highway Department.
Please advise your neighbors, in case they may not be aware.